by AUBREY REBELO
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Director, James Comey, commented on Sunday that the agency has reviewed all of the Hillary Clinton’s emails that were recently leaked by Wikileaks, and stands by his decision not to prosecute Clinton. Comey told the Congress on October 28th that he would review all additional emails related to Clinton’s time running the State Department from 2009 to 2013.
“Since my letter, the FBI investigative team has been working around the clock to process and review a large volume of emails,” Comey stated on Sunday in a follow-up letter to Congress. “During that time we reviewed all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusion.”
When asked where the email investigation stands after Comey’s letter, a senior law enforcement official, whose name is not released, described the issue as closed.
The letter that Comey sent was another unexpected twist in the race between Clinton and Donald Trump. Whether the close of the investigation takes away Trump’s late new momentum, is unknown. Reaction from the campaign trail and on Capitol Hill to the letter, although it still appears to leave some major questions, was swift and largely supported. “We’re glad this issue is resolved, but for the record, this could easily have been learned before the first letter was sent,” Brian Fallon tweeted, who is a spokesman for the Clinton campaign.
Although Clinton has not yet given a comment on the letter, at a rally in Sterling Heights, Michigan, Donald Trump did have something to say about it. Trump told supporters that the investigation “will go on,” and that Clinton is being “protected by a rigged system.” “You can’t review 650,000 emails in 8 days,” Trump stated. “Now it’s up to the American people to deliver justice at the ballot box on November 8.”
Earlier that same day, Trump’s running partner, Mike Pence, stated at a rally in North Carolina, “The FBI last summer concluded that Hillary Clinton having classified documents on that private server was extremely careless. And I guess today, I don’t know if you heard, they announced that they had not changed that conclusion. But you know, mishandling classified information is a crime.”
Both Donald Trump and Mike Pence have not made a direct comment, but insist that Clinton will be under investigation for time to come under Trump’s potential presidency.