by MIRIAM SANDERS and CHRIS TERCERO
Photography Editor and Promotions Editor
April Fool’s day is a fun way to play a joke on your friends! This day can give people many laughs and memories for years to come. Make this April Fool’s day a great one! Stuck and don’t know how to prank someone? Just read these 10 tips and you will be an expert on pranking.
1. Fake an injury. Yikes! Did you hurt yourself? Put that fake blood on with a heavy hand, and don’t use it sparingly. The bloodier, the better. People will be freaked out, and then you will get a huge laugh from it because you are not hurt at all, and instead, it is just a joke. Put fake scabs on your body, or wear a cast to pretend you have a broken leg. Be sure to tell the person you are alright by the end of the day, so that you do not leave them worrying about you for the next week.
2. Tell a false, shocking story. Come up with a really shocking story to tell everyone and to put on your Facebook and Twitter. Make everyone believe you and keep it going for as long as possible. By the end of the day you should tell everyone it was an April Fool’s joke. An example of a shocking story is that you are in the hospital or that you were bitten by a shark while at the beach.
3.Fart. Flatulence is hilarious in itself, apart from being smelly and sometimes embarrassing. You can use a fake fart machine or a whoopie cushion. Walk around a public place and fart to see others’ reactions. Have a friend record you farting everywhere and enjoy the show later.
4. Saran wrap everything. Clear plastic is hard to see in any opening. For instance, if you saran wrap the toilet, the person will start to go to the restroom and end up with a huge mess because there is no hole in the toilet. Expect to get a negative reaction for this prank. Saran wrap a door and you might just see someone walk right into the saran wrap and make a complete fool of themselves. Saran wrap their car and they will have to unwrap their car like it is a huge deli sandwich. You may get angry friends from this prank, but at least you will get a great laugh.
5. Tape the bottom of the computer mouse. Get a piece of clear tape and put it over the sensor for the mouse. This will prevent the cursor on the screen from moving when you move the computer mouse. Once you have the tape put on the mouse leave it for its unsuspecting victim to find the next day. They won’t know what is going on until they turn the mouse over to examine it.
6. Put a rubber band around the sink sprayer. This is a really old joke but it is still fun to play. Go get a rubber band that is the same color as the sink sprayer and wrap it around the sprayer so that the handle is being held down. Test it out to make sure it is working by facing it into the sink and then walk away and wait for your victim to come. Get ready to run because people do not like to get soaked when they go to wash the dishes.
7. Superglue coins the the ground. We all have that one friend or family member who finds coins all over the ground and picks them up. This is best to be used on those types of people. Get some superglue and a quarter and glue it to the ground in an area where most people walk. Once you’ve glued it down find a good seat to watch people try to pull up the quarter from the ground.
8. Switch salt with sugar. Empty the contents of the salt shaker and then refill it with sugar. This will make it so that the next person who uses it will get a very sweet surprise to their meal. Empty the salt into a jar so that you can reuse it after the prank. This is a very evil prank so don’t do it on someone who is short tempered.
9. Zip tie scissors together. Get a zip tie and close all of the scissor in your house so they cannot be opened. Your victim will get mad when they find it because in order to get a zip tie off the scissors they will have to cut it off, but because you ziptied all the scissors they won’t be able to get it off. Be ready to rescue the day with a pair of scissors that is not zip tied together.
10. Freeze mentos in ice cubes. Obtain some mentos and put them in an ice cube tray then fill it with water and place it in the freezer. When your victim asks for a soda, get the frozen mentos ice cubes out and put them in their glass before pouring the soda. Give the soda to the victim and wait for the ice to melt around the mentos. It will be a fun laugh for everyone around them.
Now that you have read all of these, you know everything you need to know to prank someone. However, keep your pranks friendly. You wouldn’t want someone actually getting hurt from your prank. Be fun, but also be safe. April Fool’s day is a fun way to make your day full of jokes. Happy April Fool’s day, and happy pranking, Miners.