by DARIAN PAYNE
Staff and teachers. Guess what? They do have lives outside of school; they aren’t aliens.They have families, they watch TV, they go to Disneyland, and they eat super delicious food and have their own delicious recipes. This week we have a yummy hummus recipe from Mr. Mayo. What is hummus? It is a thick spread that originates from the Middle East and is also very popular in the Mediterranean. Basically, hummus is softened garbanzo beans that have been blended with a variety of herbs to make the spread extra delicious.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Paprika (optional)
- Combine the garlic, chickpeas, salt, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, and water into a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until smooth and scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Season with salt, olive oil, or paprika, if desired to add taste.
- Refrigerate up to 7 days.